Science & Technology
Technology anthropologists, psychologists, cybersecurity researchers, historians, neurobiologists, sociologists (and, and, and) ... this track is dedicated to you and your research. Here we examine the synergies between science and technology. We ask how technological developments and innovations influence culture and society, how culture and society in turn drive digital development and innovation. We are interested in infrastructures and hardware as well as insights into logbooks from laboratories, think tanks and universities. Finally, we are looking forward to learning more about visions, new designs and innovative materials - about making and hacking.
- Science & Technology-Künstliche Intelligenz kann unser Leben, Lernen und unsere Arbeiten besser machen. Im Spannungsfeld zwischen Innovation und inklusivem Wachstum müssen wir Regeln finden, die zu einer menschzentrierten Gestaltung von KI beitragen.
- Science & TechnologyEmanziTech-Join Alexis Hope in her journey to challenge institutions to consider whose voices must be centered in innovation spaces to imagine and build many possible utopias and preferable futures. Alexis claims the solution lies with bringing people together to improve inclusivity and cultivate a passionate display of joy for designing better futures collectively. Discuss with Alexis about the details of her work to achieve a new form of community-building and creative problem-solving.
- Science & TechnologySYSTEM:ERROR-If we can share 3D designs through the web, it becomes possible to collaborate together on a product idea. With digital fabrication machines we can also distribute production and involve a global community in making them. On Wikifactory you will find projects ranging from robotics to healthcare, furniture to telescopes - this session welcomes M3rlin to show how to 3D print stunning and functional objects from clay through a practical workshop for you to get involved in at re:publica and beyond.
- Science & TechnologySYSTEM:ERROR-Die senseBox ist ein Citizen Science-Baukasten für IoT-Umweltmessstationen. Im Bildungsbereich kann die senseBox mit ihren Open Educational Resources zum Programmierenlernen mit starkem MINT- und BNE-Bezug eingesetzt werden. Die Teilnehmenden lernen die senseBox und ihre visuelle Programmierumgebung kennen, bauen und programmieren eine eigene Messstation und verbinden diese mit der Open Data Plattform openSenseMap.
- Science & TechnologyEmanziTech-#ASKotec; the 'Access to to Skills and Knowledge Open Tech Emergency Case' is a resource kit for community trainers, created for mobile field-use where there is neither easy power nor internet connectivity in low-infrastructure regions or rural areas. Intended as ‘Open Tech for Good’, #ASKotec was created through a series of hub development workshops by a community of young innovators intent on bringing skills training and peacebuilding together in the effort to end the South Sudan conflict.
- Science & TechnologyParticipatory Paradise-Do-it-yourself (DIY) aerial photography using kites/balloons is as old as photography itself - and despite the commercial drone boom, it hasn’t lost its relevance. In this talk I share visual experiments from Jerusalem’s contested urban space, in which a drone flight can sketch out forms of corporate and governmental control that are otherwise invisible; and DIY aerial photography can become a valuable tool for producing testimonies that are created by the abused rather than by distant experts.
- Science & TechnologyThe Human Touch-e-NABLE is a global mutual aid network built on an infrastructure of electronic communications, emerging technologies, and good-will. This recipe could, and should, go way beyond 3D-printed prosthetics.
- Science & TechnologyThe Human Touch-Wir bauen eine kleine Version unsers Remo2hbo: robustes und reparierbares Vitalparameter-Monitoring.
- Science & Technology-Kate will explore the topic of sex robots and more broadly the impact of sex tech.