re:publica 19 is again recognised as an educational event for your professional advanced training. Almost all employees (trainees/workers/employees/homeworkers) may use re:publica for an educational leave. However, regulations are state specific. Please check with your state.
Currently, re:publica is recognised as educational leave in Berlin, Brandenburg, Hamburg, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Rheinland-Pfalz, Saarland, and Schleswig-Holstein. You can download the confirmations in German at the bottom of this page.
Federal officials or federal judges have the option of applying with their employers at the end of March 2019. Even though there is no real deadline we recommend that an application should be submitted six to eight weeks before the event. You are an empoyee of a Federal Ministry or a subsidiary of a Federal Ministry? Ask the local works council/employee committe. In many cases, there are house-internal solutions for educational leaves.
You participate as a helping hand? You can request the necessary registration confirmation by mail directly from our Helping Hands-Team.
Unfortunately, we do not fulfil the necessary educational leave requirements for the following federal states: Bavaria, Baden-Württemberg, Bremen, Sachsen, Sachsen-Anhalt, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Hessen, Thüringen and Niedersachsen. Further information can be found at Bildungsurlaub.de. By the way: Just because your employer is not a resident in one of the states in which we are recognized as Bildungslurlaub that does not mean there can be no educational leave for you: Just ask!
For more information please refer to our FAQ:
Who can apply for educational leave?
Prerequisite for official educational leave is you being an employee or in employment training in Germany.
What do I have to consider for my application?
It's important to remember that decisions on your application for educational leave are based on your place of work, not your place of residence!
What possibilities do self-employed people have?
As a self-employed person you have the opportunity to apply for an education premium. Further information can be found here.
Where can I find the necessary forms?
You can download the confirmations of the respective federal states here:
- Notification of the recognition as educational leave event in Berlin (in German)
- Information about educational leaves in the Saarland (in German)
- Letter of recognition for Rheinland-Pfalz (in German)
- Letter of recognition for Brandenburg (in German)
- Regulation for educational leaves of federal officials and judges in federal service (in German)
- Letter of recognition for Mecklenburg-Vorpommern (in German)
- Letter of recognition for Schleswig-Holstein (in German)
- Letter of recognition for Hamburg (in German)
How do I get a registration confirmation?
Your #rp19 ticket is also the confirmation you need to apply for. You will receive a confirmation of participation from day two on the re:publica at the box office.
What happens now?
With your ticket and the educational event confirmation your can contact your employer, as well as the relevant education authority in your state, and apply for educational leave. You'll need an application form and reference number from your employment or education authority.
Specific information for each federal state can be found here (in German):
- Federal officials or federal judges
What are the next steps?
As a conference participant, your application for exemption (from work) needs to be submitted to your employer at least eight to six weeks in advance, depending on your state. The re:publica 2019 will take place from 6 to 8 May 2019. See our mock application at the bottom of this page. Your re:publica ticket and the confirmation of your state is the registration confirmation with the title, period and recognition of the event. After the conference you will still need a confirmation of participation for your employer. You can get it, starting day 2 at the box office.
Still looking for convincing arguments to attend #rp18 for further education?
re:publica Berlin is Europe’s largest internet and digital society conference. More than 19.500 participants from 80 countries came together to discuss current issues of digital society at the three-day festival re:publica 19. re:publica participants represent a cross-section of (digital) society.
The #rp19 program offers professional advanced training:
- Cross-societal relevant topics in the fields of Business & Innovation, Science & Technology, Politics & Society, Research & Education, Media & Journalismus, Arts & Culture, Leisure & Lifestyle and Mobility & City
- Dissemination of expert knowledge and trends towards digitalisation
- Current developments in the areas of data and system security
- Professional usage of digital media in the field of education
- Business and networking event at an international level
- Synergy between representatives of internet & politics, digital marketing, web technologies, digital society and culture