We have a close focus on transparency and clarity in curating our programme.
In addition to the re:publica programme team, since the rpTEN 2016 there has been a programme committee that helps us to evaluate the submitted sessions and ensures that diverse perspectives and voices are represented. The committee consists of experts, some of whom have been with us for several years and know the re:publica well.
The committee is important for a balanced curation of our stage programme. It is also a great opportunity to involve our community, loyal friends and recurring speakers in the programme. Because re:publica is constantly growing, we don't want to forget our companions.
For each of the eight tracks, a "track team" of members of the programme committee is formed, which deals with the respective submissions - always in close exchange with the programme team of #rp19. Since we don't want to keep the members of the track teams from submitting themselves to the Call for Participation, we check exactly to whom we assign which sessions for evaluation in order to prevent bias. The track team members then rate the sessions in their assigned track and post a comment.
We then discuss the submissions with the track teams in analogue and digital meetings to create a short list at the end. Trends and focal points are identified and gaps are discovered which the program team then curates. The assessments and recommendations of the track teams are taken into account and incorporated into the curation.
The new process is intended to create a more stringent programme in which beginner and expert sessions alternate, a balanced format mix can be offered per track and at the same time a balance in terms of language and gender can continue to be achieved.
Many thanks to the members of this year's track teams for their great support!
- Blogger, Journalist
- SUPERMARKT Berlin
- Common Grounds e.V.
- Music Pool Berlin
- inwista – Institut für Wirtschaft und Stadt
- Program Director - Retune
- Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Agentur J&K – Jöran und Konsorten
- We need to talk, AI.
- Performing Arts Programm
- Digital Media Educator & Maker
- Programmteam, Besondere Aufgaben
- TINCON e.V.
- Alexander von Humboldt Institut für Internet und Gesellschaft
- Klamroths Konter
- Universität Potsdam
- Uni Siegen
- Leuphana University / Independent researcher
- EU Commission / Zaboura Consulting
- Sparklelab Design & Innovation Hub
- Cyborgs e.V.
- Humboldt Institut für Internet und Gesellschaft
- Gesellschaft für Freiheitsrechte
- Missy Magazine
- GIG Global Innovation Gathering
- TIERINDIR - Dein Jugendmagazin